Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Don't let the enemy rob you.


I love the story surrounding Issac and Rebekah. If I had been Abraham I would have wanted the best for my “only son” too.

The father of faith, Abraham, will not have his son marry one of the local women for they do not know, nor honor God. So he sends his servant to the land of his relatives to get a wife.

Nothing about that process seems good for there are far too many variables involved, even the servant knew that, but the servant demonstrated some remarkable insight and applies some logic, faith, and we bit of a test, and God comes through with the quick answer.

Rebekah comes off as remarkable in the first few seconds, and she demonstrates some traits that would have made her the prize of any man. I wish I had met her. Eventually Issac and Rebekah become man and wife, the family grows, and the boys choose wives of their own.

Anyone familiar with this fairy tale scenario knows that it is filled with some twisted human dynamics. I am not a psychologist, but have had to deal with a tremendous amount of family trauma myself, and it is not fun.

And Rebekah said to Isaac, I am weary of my life because of the daughters of Heth: if Jacob take a wife of the daughters of Heth, such as these which are of the daughters of the land, what good shall my life do me?
(Genesis 27:46 KJV)

Look up the word weary in the Strong’s concordance and you will begin to get the true sense of despair in her voice.

The word is qûts, pronounced koots, (Strong # H6973) and is a primitive root (rather identical with H6972 through the idea of severing oneself from (compare H6962)); to be (causatively make) disgusted or anxious: - abhor, be distressed, be grieved, loathe, vex, be weary.

I read this and suddenly have a clearer picture of how depression affected her. If we take this concept of severing herself to it’s extreme she was considering suicide. We know that she did not follow through with this thought, but the effects of her playing the two sons against each other, and Esau’s rebellion against her authority were devastating.
It was only this last Sunday morning that our guest speaker, a man in national demand at prophetic conferences, said something that brought the grand prophetic illusion down to earth when he stated that one of major events that weakens us and make us subject to the enemies attacks was times of great weariness.

I know what it means to me. I am tired, but in my case add a little dose of low blood sugar, and I am not thinking straight at all. I have to force myself to distinguish between what I know feels like depression and just plain exhaustion. I also know that I dare not attempt to make a reasonable decision in a condition like that.

The dictionary tends to define weariness as: The state of exhaustion induced by physical labor; fatigue; disappointment; unmet expectations; worn-out patience, (or, if I may, burn out.)

Look, God has a job for you to do. Though you might look at yourself and consider yourself unfit for God’s duty, you need to know that you were especially designed and hand picked for that job; the path your life has taken you on and made you is exactly why, but if the enemy can take you out of action due to fatigue or poor decision making then not only has the enemy won that battle, but you have lost out on an amazing feeling of peace.

I have found that being prepared and alert enough to respond to the leading of the Spirit’s direction can be the most rewarding feeling this world has to offer. There is some foolishness in that statement because I am comparing a feeling I associate with the spirit with what the world has to offer. They cannot compare.

For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waits for him.
(Isaiah 64:4 KJV)

Don’t let the enemy rob you through weariness. Sit by the brook for a spell, just as David's men did, and get your strength back. God will not forget you. (Read 1Samuel 30)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make a relevant comment. If approved, it will be posted.

Featured Post

Will we have to go through the tribulation?

Then I heard a loud voice from the temple, saying to the seven angels, "Go and pour out on the earth the seven bowls of the wrath of...