Monday, July 6, 2015

What are the things we cannot see?

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:18 KJV)
"for the things which are seen are temporal": temporary, transient, for a time, things that don't last forever, for a season. "but the things which are not seen are eternal."
What are the things we cannot see
  • Faith; 
  • the Father; 
  • heaven; 
  • or even hope. 
And yet, I can see those things in my spirit, because of the Holy Spirit that lives in me.
Jesus, said, no man has seen the Father, He is the invisible God, however, Jesus walked this earth, in every occurrence, as the physical representation of God. I have never seen Jesus, and I doubt the shroud of Turin is an accurate representation of him, but I do know he was a Jew, as are some of my family. Because of that, I have an image in my memory of an uncle laughing and I suspect Jesus looked a lot like that.
I just finished watching the Matrix once again. If you watch it and connect different aspects with what we see in scripture, you will begin to see that it parallels the story of Jesus, his choice to die, rising to new life, the power He acquires through the process, and the best part, that same life - is imparted to us through belief, 
poster for The Matrix
poster for The Matrix (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
allowing us to become "the one", just as Jesus is. In believing, and desiring the "meat of the word", we can begin to understand that everything going on around us is not real. In reality, the unseen world is the real world. This is the world of the Spirit where God exists.
Like Neo in the Matrix, Jesus could see what was going on in the background, not because He was the Son of God, but because He - as a man - believed and chose to understand. In a sense, He took the red pill.
In the movie, Morpheus offers Neo two pills. The red pill will answer the question “what is the Matrix?” (by removing him from it) and the blue pill simply allows for life to carry on as before. As Neo reaches for the red pill Morpheus warns Neo “Remember, all I’m offering is the truth. Nothing more.”
The message received by Neo
The message received by Neo (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
On more than one occasion, while watching the movie, I found myself sobbing, not because it is sad, but because something inside me tells me there is so much more and I am not living in it. 
I stopped the movie and said, God, I am not even sure what you are telling me, but if you are inviting me to see and be a part of it, the answer is yes.
The way to begin that transition is to invite Jesus Christ, God's Son, into your life, giving Him control. It is much like taking the red pill as there is a little mystery involved. All I am offering is truth, nothing more. There will be pain involved, welcome to the world of the believer, but when you begin to see what Jesus saw you will never want anything other than the living water.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make a relevant comment. If approved, it will be posted.

Featured Post

Will we have to go through the tribulation?

Then I heard a loud voice from the temple, saying to the seven angels, "Go and pour out on the earth the seven bowls of the wrath of...