Thursday, June 8, 2017

We live in a world at warfare

Since we last spoke much has been going on besides world turmoil. Many of you who read my blog are from countries that have taken in these so-called "immigrants" and those of us who are paying attention to scripture and the escalating damage are well aware that these are more evidence that we are in the last days that scripture speaks of.

The last thing I posted spoke about strongholds and their impact on our lives. I tried to make myself clear by pointing out the spiritual side of these strongholds, and, though in their beginnings we allow them to take powerful, fortress-like holds over our lives. The reality is that we live in a world in warfare, spiritual warfare. If you have been suckered into religiosity then you most likely will laugh at me, as you declare that our problems are strictly our own doing.

If you have been suckered into the apathy that religiosity brings then you most likely will laugh at me, as you declare that our problems are strictly our own doing. However, I can attest to the fact that our enemy, Satan, and a myriad of fallen angels, work hard at enticing well-meaning others to do their bidding. These voices sound so much like a negative father, a doting mother, brothers, sisters, and sadly people you thought were good friends. In my case, a friend, who thought he was doing the proper thing, directly spoke against the leadership of a small Bible study group I attend. Truth be known, I can adequately self-destruct on my own, but I think I have just enough to shut my mouth once in a while. This well-meaning friend, at the prodding of the enemy, fired direct volleys at the table leader; this, in turn, created a small war, which I had to come against in Jesus name.

Truth be known, I can adequately self-destruct on my own, but I think I have learned enough to shut my mouth once in a while, knowing that God, with good intentions placed this man in leadership, so God is going to have to shut his mouth, not me. This well-meaning friend, at the prodding of the enemy, fired direct volleys at the table leader; this, in turn, created a small war, which I had to come against in Jesus name.

On the plus side: another situation where one of our group, which meets at a hamburger stand, appointed himself the pastor and began his onslaught of false teaching, has asked me to cover for him as he was losing his voice. That has turned into an opportunity for me to lead the Bible study for almost a month now. Have you ever given this idea of false teaching any consideration? Many, when they think of false teachers, picture some television preacher. While there is no doubt many of them have fallen into that trap it does not have to be that elaborate. Simply ignoring the context of a scripture and using it to convey an inappropriate message; preaching your opinion in place, or allowing it to take precedent over God's word, and generally just being arrogant, refusing correction, especially when the Word of God stands in opposition to what you are saying.

Have you ever given this idea of false teaching any consideration? Many, when they think of false teachers, picture some television preacher. While there is no doubt many of them have fallen into that trap it does not have to be that elaborate. Simply ignoring the context of a scripture and using it to convey an inappropriate message; preaching your opinion in place, or allowing it to take precedent over God's word, and generally just being arrogant, refusing correction, especially when the Word of God stands in opposition to what you are saying.

Many, when they think of false teachers, picture some television preacher. While there is no doubt many of them have fallen into that trap it does not have to be that elaborate. Simply ignoring the context of a scripture and using it to convey an inappropriate message; preaching your opinion in place, or allowing it to take precedent over God's word, and generally just being arrogant, refusing correction, especially when the Word of God stands in opposition to what you are saying.

As usual, I talk too much, so here is the reason I write this:
I, like Paul, am very much aware of the trials and tribulations some of you are experiencing. No, I do not have to be a prophet to know this, merely aware of where many of come from, and, the commonality we share; you know the one Jesus spoke of when He said, "in this world, you will have tribulations." We are not going to avoid tribulations, no matter the form, nor are we excluded from them. I am often dismayed by the responses of the ignorant when they say, we are not going to experience tribulation. Who said that? I suggest that they ask our Coptic brothers and sisters, or those in the Middle East if they think we will go through tribulation. The problem is we are blending two ideas together, though not completely distinct. Foremost, The Great Tribulation (the time of God's wrath), is not an aspect of our walk as believers, and,, as the Apostle Paul tells us, we are not destined for wrath.

It is important to understand that The Great Tribulation (the time of God's wrath), is not an aspect of our walk as believers, and, as the Apostle Paul tells us, we are not destined for wrath. 1 Thessalonians 5:9. To preach otherwise would make me a false teacher.

I realize many of you are in difficult circumstances, but I know the strength and grace of the one who lives inside of you and you can do this. These circumstances are not be falling you because you are not loved, just the opposite. Because you are so deeply loved you are a target of the enemy, and sadly, he takes on many faces.

Once again, I remind you, time is short. Stay strong and fight a good fight. Use the Name of Jesus like the sword it was meant to be, and remember that Joel chapter two was written with you in mind.

Walk like prophets upon this earth.

Even though we have never met, you are deeply loved.

Until next time, or I meet you in the air.
Oz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make a relevant comment. If approved, it will be posted.

Featured Post

Will we have to go through the tribulation?

Then I heard a loud voice from the temple, saying to the seven angels, "Go and pour out on the earth the seven bowls of the wrath of...