Tuesday, April 12, 2011

We shall be changed.

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruptibility. Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
(1Co 15:50-52 Webster)

I cannot tell you how many times I have withdrawn in mental despair wondering if there could ever be any relief from the pain and weaknesses that became a part of me through childhood's teachings. I will tell you that even though the "teaching" seemed to come to an end, once I managed to separate myself from them, the voices in my head never seem to go away. (Don't go getting strange on me here, you have to deal with them too. They sound like the radio, the television, your parents, your boss, peer pressure, prejudice, anger, jealousy, a nagging teacher, the voices of encouragement, the enemy, and occasionally the voice of Holy Spirit.) What I find is that I have learned to sort out the voices that I hear, determine whether it is a voice that will benefit me, and move upon the healthier ones. (Most of the time.)

Imagine how relief, in the form of instant change impacts someone like me. I feel elated. All the angst, all the negativity, all the questions gone in an instant. Of course this is all contingent upon me being "in him." If there is a doubt as to how one might gain that kind of assurance merely choose to receive Jesus, the Son of the Living God, as being your salvation due to his death and resurrection. He, Jesus, paid the price for your sins giving you free access to God. When you choose life, Jesus, you have then become a part of Him and a Son of the most high God himself. Therefore when that day comes, the one in which the trumpet blows, then you too will be caught up to meet him in the air, and you too will be changed.

To be honest I do not know what all change entails. I have my hopes, but merely ending the pain will be worth anything at that point. I find myself standing at work at times, thinking that this is not what God intended for life to be. To put that comment into perspective I take my bible with me most all the time these days, and I become engrossed in what I am reading. To put it bluntly, I cannot get enough, and to stop reading and return to work is one of the hardest things I do. I do not enjoy leaving the state that I associate with being wrapped up in his presence. I am not only absorbed in His word, which is bringing about changes in me, but there is an awareness of how close He is in my life.

I suppose one does not have to experience a disappointing life in order to value a change, but I am not talking about greed and selfish motives here. I am talking about freedom from mental anguish over simplistic daily decisions. If you have no self doubts about the decisions you make then you may never understand this. Jesus performed the Father's will perfectly. You cannot do that when your thoughts are often filled with self hatred because you do not trust your decision making abilities.

I am so looking forward to being changed, and instantly. Whatever comes after those changes can be nothing more than icing on the cake, but I will say that mental freedom will be priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make a relevant comment. If approved, it will be posted.

Featured Post

Will we have to go through the tribulation?

Then I heard a loud voice from the temple, saying to the seven angels, "Go and pour out on the earth the seven bowls of the wrath of...