Saturday, March 31, 2012

What is my true motivation? - A short blog

Am I trying to put the fear of God into lazy Christians? Perhaps. Jonah hated the Ninevites; wanted them dead. What do you suppose his motivation was as he walked through their town declaring God's judgment upon the people? Fear, perhaps.

Slightly off topic.
Went to dinner last night, by myself; took my bible and read as I ate. Had a great time doing that. The overly drunk, romantic couple did not even bother me. Started to leave and I hear someone calling my name. Before I could turn around I have a hand on my shoulder. It is one of the guys from Friday morning bible study. This man is very knowledgeable, and knows his Greek, beside that he is really funny.
He asks me if I am going in the morning. I said if you are, I will, and I told him that I am really beginning to struggle with going there, due to the "leader".

Now back on topic. I wish I could put the fear of God in this "leader", for he preaches opinion, asks questions but does not want any answers, refuses to see anything other than what his "mentor" tells him, and brings confusion to everyone sitting there. Aside from the fact that he won't shut up.
Yep, I think the fear of God would do the trick; NOT.

The man at the restaurant was the only one there this A.M. when I showed. Immediately he asked me what I had been reading, so I told him Ezekiel 37 and 38. You want to know what he said? Of course you do. Do we really have to read and talk about that confusing book. I try to stay out of the old testament, besides, it's old, and is it really relevant to the book of Revelation.
Are you kidding me!
I cannot believe he even said that.
Why am I still here?
Are these guys a mission field?

Here is what goes through my mind, and trust me on this, I AM NOT Full of myself. "Blessed are your eyes, for prophets and kings have longed to see what you see."
Am I the only one that sees this stuff?
Am I the only one listening?
Why does God insist on me being nice?

Breathe deeply, straighten up your back, get determined, educate yourself even better, solidify your answers firmly in the word, AND stand your ground. I have called you to be a watchman upon the wall, and I the Lord will strengthen you and give you the words to say. I have not called you to argue foolishly with pharisees, but to bring light and life to those who will hear it. Be diligent and prepared with an answer, for the time is short. Do the work of an evangelist, and preach the good news. Be proactive with your faith. Stretch out your hands and I will put them to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make a relevant comment. If approved, it will be posted.

Featured Post

Will we have to go through the tribulation?

Then I heard a loud voice from the temple, saying to the seven angels, "Go and pour out on the earth the seven bowls of the wrath of...