In the post, “This guy forces the whole earth to bow. Revelation 13:12”, I attempted to focus on who the second beast is. I happen to think that knowing something about how a person acts, makes it easier to identify him. That could be beneficial, not so much for the follower of Christ, but those that remain on the earth after the rapture, they might need to know. If I got it right and this second beast is a Jew, a high priest, with access to the temple, and he is Muslim, then the things we see in scripture that describe his actions, open the door to such deception. In that post I took the liberty to expand into some of the other scriptures there in Revelation 13. I really wanted to continue exploring some of these aspects in-depth, so hold on.
Revelation 13:13-14 (13) It performs great signs, even making fire come down from heaven to earth in front of people, (14) and by the signs that it is allowed to work the beast it deceives those who dwell on earth, telling them to make an image for the beast that was wounded by the sword and yet lived.
Note that the immediately calls him “it.” Perhaps that is because this beast is such an oddity. For example: Calling fire down from heaven in front of people. Who does that anymore?
So, again I will reuse a statement: Just before the onset of this second beast, what has been going on?
- The rapture has taken place.
- Panic, upheaval, martial law, depression, and for many hopelessness.
- Within days a man will be telling you that he has everything under control. He may be signing a peace treaty with Israel, but scripture tells us that he will sign the treaty with many.
- It is possible that the firestorm we see in Ezekiel 39:6 may have a nuclear aspect to it and the devastation will have been great. Why do I believe this will take place? Because Israel has to build the third temple, and so many things have to take place.
- The two witnesses have shown up in the streets of Jerusalem, and they have declared the greatness of God for 1,260 days.
Revelation 11:3-8 And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth." (4) These are the two olive trees and the two lamp stands that stand before the Lord of the earth. (5) And if anyone would harm them, fire pours from their mouth and consumes their foes. If anyone would harm them, this is how he is doomed to be killed. (6) They have the power to shut the sky, that no rain may fall during the days of their prophesying, and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague, as often as they . (7) And when they have finished their testimony, the beast that rises from the bottomless pit will make war on them and conquer them and kill them, (8) and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city that symbolically is called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified.
"They stand in the streets for three and one half years, calling down fire, stopping the rain, prophesying, turning water into blood, and striking people and nations with the plague, as they ."
It is obvious that there is a constant effort to kill them. We know this because, “if anyone would harm them fire pours out their mouths and consume their foes." Give me a break, do you think Islam will tolerate these guys stopping their fun. Think about how it goes on the temple mount even today, as Jews attempt to legally access the mount; every interaction turns violent.
the practical usage of the two witnesses
I have written about the practical usage of the two witnesses, seeing as the potentially disciplined church has left the earth.
With hardly anyone to show you what being a man or woman of God looks like, I suggest that you look to these two as your example. Since they walk this earth in the power of God, that means you walk this earth in the power of God, just as the prophets of old did. Do you not realize that I am compelling you, even now, to do this, and at the least, find a readable version of the Bible – not that Mormon garbage, and read about the lives of Samuel, Elijah, and Elisha.
Am I overstepping what the life of the follower of Christ should like? Not at all. As a matter of fact, I am sickened by the fearful, pathetic, can't do examples we leave for people. Allow me to give you an example from scripture:
Joel 2:28-29, 32 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions. (29) Even on the male and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit. (32) And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those who escape, as the LORD has said, and among the survivors shall be those whom the LORD calls.
Peter, empowered by the in filling of the Holy Spirit - a new experience for him – stood before the crowd of naysayers, on the day of Pentecost and told them:
Acts 2:13-18 But others mocking said, "They are filled with new wine." (14) But Peter, standing with the eleven, lifted up his voice and addressed them: "Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and give ear to my words. (15) For these people are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. (16) But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel: (17) "'And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; (18) even on my servants and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy.
What does this tell us? That we should have lived in the fullness of this prophecy since the day it was spoken by Peter, but we don't. We waste our time and energy, telling folks that they are mere people, squeaking by on the concept of saved by grace, and powerless over the advances of the enemy. Does that sound pathetic? It is. You think I am kidding. You don't sit in “bible study” with me. A bible study where the leader claims that we teach nothing but the bible, and then makes stuff up. My girlfriend asks me why I stay. I have asked myself that question as well. The primary reason I stay is to build relations with at least some of the guys. Every week they break off into three groups and go to coffee, but do they discuss Jesus? No, they talk about life. Unfortunately, for the most part, it is life apart from God. The things they say that have a religious spin, prove that they do not know the character of God.
After all the two witnesses do
After all the two witnesses do, such as shut off the rain and call down fire, how do you follow such a an act?
The problem is, for the world, this is no act, this is real.
Now you want to out do what others have done, and so you, at minimum, do the same things. We saw this when Moses and Aaron stood before Pharaoh. They turned water into blood, brought forth frogs upon the land, and threw down the rod that budded – after it was cut from the tree – and it turned into a serpent. Pharaoh's court magicians followed suite, performing the same things, with one exception, Aaron's rod ate theirs.
Question: Did any of this change their hearts toward God? Not at all. It might have struck fear in a few of them, but we don't see that. It was not until God killed off all the firstborn of Egypt that were unprotected by the blood on the doorposts, that Egypt was motivated to release the Jews. Do you not realize that the protection given to Israel, was there for the Egyptian also. Do you not realize that Caleb was not born an Israeli, but became one.
The two witnesses represent God; this beast will also represent a god
The two witnesses represent God; this beast will also represent a god – Allah. Not only that but he is a Jew, a traitorous Jew.
He will cause it to rain. Why is that significant? Because God's two witnesses have stopped the rain. It almost seems like a competition to gain the hearts of the people. Of course stopping the rain and turning what water you have left into blood, does not make friends, but the two witnesses are not here to make friends.
and by the signs ... it deceives those who dwell on earth
and by the signs that it is allowed to work the beast it deceives those who dwell on earth, telling them to make an image for the beast that was wounded by the sword and yet lived. (Revelation 13:14 )
“and by the signs that it is allowed to work the beast it deceives those who dwell on earth,”
First I want to show different ways this is translated:
- by reason of the signs
- he is allowed to perform
- which he was given power to do
- which it was given to it to work
- "and by the signs that it is allowed to work"
Now the question here is, who is giving him the power to work the signs?
There are two possibilities, both of which are practical.
- He is empowered by Satan.Revelation 13:4, 11-12 And they worshiped the dragon, for he had given his authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast, and who can fight against it?" (11) Then I saw another beast rising out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb and it spoke like a dragon. (12) It exercises all the first beast in its presence, and makes the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose mortal wound was healed.
Now why would I think that he could be getting all his rights and abilities from the Antichrist character? “it is allowed to work the beast”. Another translation states, "And he deceives my own people who dwell on the earth by the signs which were given to him to do before the Beast”. I really do not think that God is trying to deceive his own people, but it is certainly possible. However, there is one whose only purpose on earth is to deceive, Satan. Since the dragon – Satan – has empowered the first beast, then that person has now empowered this guy.
Islamic prophecies show that when the Mahdi shows up at the temple this guy bows to him - the Mahdi and gives allegiance to Allah, declaring that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is his messenger. A Jewish high priest doing this. It is possible that this is when this assignment of power comes.
"And he deceives my own people who dwell on the earth by the signs which were given to him to do before the Beast"
- He is empowered by God.
I know your mind fights against that idea, but watch:
Jeremiah 18:11 Now, therefore, say to the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem: 'Thus says the LORD, Behold, I am shaping disaster against you and devising a plan against you. Return, every one from his evil way, and amend your ways and your deeds.'
What is God trying to do? Turn Israel's heart toward him.
it deceives those who dwell on earth, telling them to make an image for the beast that was wounded by the sword and yet lived.
Revelation 13:14 And he deceives my own people who dwell on the earth by the signs which were given to him to do before the Beast, saying to those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who had the wound--and came to life! the sword.
The Douay Rheims translation says this: “And he seduced them that dwell on the earth.” The majority of translations convey that he deceives all those living on the earth.
Are you considered deceived if you intentionally put your brain in park, and decide to follow some sick, twisted ideology on your own?
Israel, as a nation, is supposed to be avid followers of Jehovah, but not everyone in Israel is a Jew. As of 2011 Israel is only 75.4% Jewish, and 6.9% Muslim.
If we work on the idea that the world is deceived, then what are the logistics that would make that happen?
- You might think that removing the Christian community from the earth would be part of the solution, but if you have not noticed, the so-called Christian community, is already avidly following big name false teachers. Many in America think they are Christians merely because they have been born here. This tells me that the majority are vulnerable to deception.
- One of the things I have seen young people seek over the years is power. Because we, as a religious community think that if we talk about power, you will automatically slide over to the dark side. Since the church won't promote God's power, the world goes elsewhere looking to find it. One of the primary places they find this power is within the Satanist religions. Do you think the worshipers of Satan will be deceived? They are deceived already.
- While you may scoff at conspiracy theories, the truth is that powerful people are trying to recreate the world as they want it. Because we know from scripture that the harlot (the global elite) rides the beast, then we also know that, up to a point, that means the global elite are trying make the beast do what they want. Part of our understanding to back this up is being established before our eyes, as our Muslim President has given Iran everything they asked for to create the illusion of a “peace treaty.” This will backfire. These elite have no intention of falling into the hands of Islam, but they will because the beast rises up against the harlot. In a sense, they are already deceived.
- People that tend to have no religious affiliation - atheists. Since they have nothing to be deceived out of, it may not be so much a deception, as it is a loss of personal freedoms. Based on what we have seen for the last several years, we know that militaristic Jihadists will swarm this nation as well. They will kill your children in front of your eyes. You will have to make a conversion decision at the cost of death should you refuse. If you see someone performing great signs, do you think you might be compelled to believe other things they say? Of course you will, beside you, as a concerned parent, do not want to sacrifice the lives or your children, do you?
“telling them to make an image for the beast that was wounded by the sword and yet lived.”
The second beast, having won the world, and many in the Jewish community over, has them make an image of the beast that was wounded by the sword and yet lived. I have already explained that this beast being referred to is an empire or global governing body. Islam best fits the descriptions given, as the Ottoman empire was taken out-of-the-way in 1924. At this point the world breathed a sigh of relief, at least until 1979, when the Islamic empire sprang back to life again.
How does one make an image of something that looks like a freakish, multi-headed beast. That should tell you that this is not what they are making an image of. But if the beast is really a representation of perhaps Allah or Muhammad, now we are talking about something more tangible. There is only one problem, no one knows what Allah looks like.
Can't you tell, just about everything is in place.
I am not good with odds; I tend to lose, but I have an advantage as I came to know Jesus as a very young man. I have developed a love and understanding of God's character because of dark times and a heart that longed for Him. I suggest you turn your heart toward Him as well, because the hour grows late.