Sunday, February 9, 2020

Why I believe in a pre-tribulation rapture of the Church



I found this article on the internet entitled “The rapture of the Church.” It was written by Chris Perver in June of 2007 and posted to his website (http://www.prophecynews.co.uk/articles/13-prophecy/14-the-rapture-of-the-church). To be honest, I was at first hesitant, but I felt impressed by the Holy Spirit to pursue what this young man was saying. I found it speaking clearly and distinctly to my heart. Why is any of this important? Because I had a pastor, unprovoked by me, accost me and tell me that I was not to study or share anything about end times events for five years. I get that I am supposed to give honor to my pastor, but NOT when he is advocating that I abandon what I have learned from God's Word; abandon what the Holy Spirit has been teaching me; and, abandon what the Apostle Paul has taught me. The Apostle Paul told Timothy ...
1 Timothy 6:3-5 NASB If anyone advocates a different doctrine and does not agree with sound words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and with the doctrine conforming to godliness, (4) he is conceited and understands nothing; but he has a morbid interest in controversial questions and disputes about words, out of which arise envy, strife, abusive language, evil suspicions, (5) and constant friction between men of depraved mind and deprived of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain.
2 Timothy 1:13-14 ASV Hold the pattern of sound words which thou hast heard from me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. That good thing which was committed unto you guard through the Holy Spirit which dwells in us.
The words I found here are almost word for word discussions I have had with God about this very subject. In other words, what I came to understand about the rapture of the church, and what this young man understands is remarkably similar.
If you want to understand the pre-tribulation rapture, then check out the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make a relevant comment. If approved, it will be posted.

Featured Post

Will we have to go through the tribulation?

Then I heard a loud voice from the temple, saying to the seven angels, "Go and pour out on the earth the seven bowls of the wrath of...